Saturday, October 25, 2008

Contruction and Painting


The sidewalk was finally poured on Thursday after 4 weeks. I think the workers forgot about our street. They had the sidewalks done all around our street, but never got to our street until this week. Then they got it done quickly. I guess after more than a month of pouring sidewalks, they have become quite efficient.


They were even using a truck and tractor to take away the debris.


I took this picture out of my bedroom window. The interesting thing about this contruction site is that they are using the roof of the house next door to mix their cement and bend their reinforcement rods. They still block the street with their sand and rock piles and with their workers.



This past Thursday, the children and I continued painting the backyard and back of house. Since Jon was in an all-day meeting, I decided that we would not tackle the second floor. I took a picture of it this morning so you can see the contrast. The old color was white with brick red accents. Now we are painting it hazelnut and burnt earth (brick red). The next project will be to get the wood frames stained and varnished. They have also been neglected for too long.

1 comment:

Molly said...

Hey, you guys wanna go paint the first floor of our house when you're finished?! :) It's looking good. I like the color you chose. Miss you all.